Friday, November 14, 2014

Homework 15 - Self Assessment

Thus far, this is the progress I have made since October 23rd, as well as the current estimated time til completion for tasks.

Completed modelling of Main Character
Estimated time - 3 Days
Actual time - 1 Week

Completed Rigging of Main Character
Estimated time - 1-2 Days
Actual time - 4 days

Complete modelling and rigging of enemies
Progress - 80%
Estimated time - 1 day

I have completed the humanoid enemy and just need to complete the digital enemy, which will be simpler in design.

Build Map
Progress - 60%
Estimated time - 2-3 Days

I have run into issues with getting used to working within an enclosed area in blender. Since the game occurs indoors, I have had to learn to adjust to the difficulties of selecting objects inside an enclosed map. I also have to add in the materials and objects to populate the room (most are already complete).
Additionally, rather than having 2 maps, I am combining the maps into one per Danial's suggestion.

Adapt code for use in Mel's portion of game
Progress - 0%
Estimated time - 3-4 Days

Since the character is not yet animated, I have waited to complete task. However, this will be my primary task this weekend. The code is fairly straightforward and should not present major issues barring it from getting to a playable state. The reason for the longer estimate is working out bugs that will arise for finer details (exact camera placement, eventual addition of animations, etc.)

Animate playable Characters and Enemies
Progress 0%
Estimated time - 1 Week

This will be the task that takes me the longest, and is not as fundamental to the functioning of the game. As such, I am leaving it for later on in the development cycle.

Write script for underlying rules
Progress 25-30%
Estimated time - 4 Days

I have located scripts to assist me with this, and will be adapting them and writing new code to fit the specific rules that govern my game.

Assemble pieces into one file -
Progress - 10%
Estimated time - 1-3 days

I will be assembling things in a playable state over this weekend, but obviously, more time will be needed to complete the file once the game is in a more final state.

Design and implement HUD
Progress - 30%
Estimated time - 1-2 Days

I have designed a simple HUD and will be working on incorporating it into the game as an overlay.

No comments:

Post a Comment